CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Spending Time with My Own Thoughts

So a couple of months ago, I bought a used car. The stereo had been stolen out of it. The guy who sold it to me had purchased a replacement stereo but had not installed it yet. Of course, the wiring job required to install it turned out to be more complicated than expected. As a result, I've been driving my car for a couple of months with no stereo.

My commute is about 20 minutes or so. At first, it seemed sooo boring. I experimented with listening to my iPod, but something seems unsafe about having headphones in while driving. And I think it might be illegal.

Anyway, my point is, I've been spending more time in quiet solitude. And it's kind of nice. Just me and my thoughts. We have conversations. Sometimes those conversations turn into prayers. Sometimes they turn into plans. Sometimes they turn into creativity and sometimes we just quietly coexist not really needing to say anything at all.

It turns out, I would highly recommend it. Give it a try the next time you're heading somewhere in the car alone. Turn everything off. And spend some time with your own thoughts. You might like it too. :-)

***

"We live, in fact, in a world starved for solitude, silence, and private: and therefore starved for meditation and true friendship." –C.S. Lewis

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I agree! I love being alone in the car. I need to turn the stereo off more often and just be with my thoughts. Thanks for the reminder.

Leslie said...

I agree too! I need to do that too.